ProgressiveTel has upgraded Trend Micro Virus Protection to Zone Alarm!
If you are currently using Trend Micro through ProgressiveTel, please follow the guide linked below to switch to our new Zone Alarm Virus Protection. Your Trend Micro Protection service will not be effective after
January 30, 2013.
If you are using Trend Micro Virus Protection through ProgressiveTel you will need to remove Trend Micro by January 30, 2013, and install Zone Alarm.
Remove Trend Micro from you PC
Please follow the steps below to uninstall Trend Micro from your PC.
- Go to Start> Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs
- Click on “Trend Micro Security” and click “Remove”.
- Click on “Uninstall”. It will now begin to uninstall. This will take a few minutes.
- Once successfully uninstalled, click “Restart Computer”. After the restart, please follow the instructions below to remove your Trend Micro license(s).
- Go to https://my.24hoursupport.com/ccp/
- Click on “Protect My PC”
- Click on “Manage Licenses”
- Copy and paste or enter the serial number in the box. Click “Cancel License”.
- You have now removed your Trend Micro license and it will be removed to your account.
- Install Zone Alarm Virus Protection
Install Zone Alarm
Follow the installation steps below to get started. You can also view a more detailed and printable verison: Zone Alarm Instructions.
- Navigate to your MyAccount page.
- Login with your full email address and password.
- Click on the “MySecurity” link from the menu on the left. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press “Download”. A page will appear with a license key. You may print this page to save a copy of the key but the license key is listed in the Home page of myaccount.progressivetel.com at the very bottom.
- Press the “Please click here” link. A security warning will ask you whether you want to save the file or run. Select “Run”.
- Click “Run” when the Security Suite Installation box appears. Select “Download and Install”. Click next. The Installation Options default to install a desktop icon and install the browser securty toolbar. Click next.
- You will be prompted to register your copy of Zone Alarm Security. This is necessary to keep your software updated so it can defend your computer against viruses and malware. Fill in “Name” and “E-mail address” fields. Check the box that says ” Inform me about product updates and security news”. Click next.
- Check the box to accept the terms and conditions. Click “Install”. Select default quick installation or custom installation. Quick installation is recommended. Click next. Select whether or not to enable anti-virus protection depending on whether you have another anti-virus product running. Click next. If you enabled anti-virus, your computer files will be scanned. Once complete, click next. If you chose not to enable anti-virus, click next as well.
- Close any open programs and click “Restart Computer”.
- The configuration wizard will run automatically after installation. The recommended settings are already created. In about 5 minutes, the computer will need to reboot. Once rebooted, the computer is secured and ready to go.
- Select whether to allow your Internet connection into the “Trusted Zone” and name it if desired. You will be prompted to enter your license key. Click apply. When you see “Your license key was successfully installed”, click OK. Click OK on License Info box. To enter the key at a time after installation, open Security Suite. At the bottom of the menu on the left, click “Enter License Key”.
Enjoy your PRTC Protection by Zone Alarm!
Should you need additional assistance with removing Trend Micro or installing Zone Alarm, please contact Tech Support at 1-855-670-8324 (855-670-TECH).
by CheckPoint from ProgressiveTel
Zone Alarm is one of the most secure brands in consumer Internet security.
Zone Alarm protects over 80 million PCs from viruses, spyware, hackers and identity theft.
* Detect and remove viruses, spyware and other malicious threats from your computer,Â email, instant messages and downloads.
* Prevent unauthorized users from changing your critical applications and secure yourÂ home network with a personal firewall and Wi-Fi patrol.
* Parental controls allow you to block inappropriate content, manager when your childÂ goes online and limit the time they spend online.