Service Department 984-4724
Is Your Phone Sick?Â No Dial Tone?
There are several things that may attribute to this, such as:
- Cordless phones
- Answering machines
- Fax machines
- Computer modems
- Satellite TV systems
- Home Security Systems
If any of the above items are plugged into your line, try unplugging the devices and wait approximately two minutes before reconnecting. If your dial tone returns, one of these devices is causing your problem and may need to be replaced. Should you still not have dial tone, there may be a problem with your telephone jack(s). If you have PRTC wire maintenance we will come and repair the jack and wiring at no charge. If you do not have PRTC wire maintenance for the inside wiring in your home and we come out to repair trouble caused by wiring, you will be charged a service charge plus time and materials for the work performed to correct the problem. Trouble caused by customer owned equipment listed above is not covered by the wire maintenance plan, so make sure that you have isolated the cause of your trouble.
PRTC maintains all the wires and equipment to provide dial tone to the house protector on the outside of your home. If you do not have the PRTC wire maintenance plan you may check the protector on the outside of your home before calling for repair service by following these simple steps:
1. Take a working phone from inside your home to the protector on the outside of your home.
2. Remove cover from house protector.
3. Unplug grey line cord from jack.
4. Plug telephone line cord into jack, if you have dial tone at this point, the trouble is being caused by the wiring or other device(s) in your home. If there is no dial tone at this point, call 984-4724 to report your trouble.
5. If you have PRTC wire maintenance plan call PRTC and we will repair the trouble at no additional charge, if you do not have wire maintenance and you wish to have PRTC repair the trouble, you will be charged a service charge ($50 residential/$65 business) plus time and materials to repair the trouble.
To avoid the possibility of unnecessary charges call today to sign up for PRTC Wire Maintenance and allow us to maintain your telephone wiring.
*Wiring must meet PRTC specifications.